[access-uk] Disabled Rail Card gaff last year

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:06:06 -0000

Hello Clive and all,

I believe I have had a Disabled Person's Rail Card since a few months after
they were available. In all that time, I have asked sighted help for the expiry
date. I then place the card in the Perkins, expiry date downwards, and on 2
lines braille:

rail card
exp 23/11/10
.
In all the elapsed time, no-one in the Rail Services has commented on any
illegibility of important print, though some have been curious enough to
comment on the braille.

Hardly worth mentioning this, but at the point of purchasing tickets, I enquire
as to which is the return ticket, and firmly fold that one in half.

It is also possible to braille the plastic card and ticket holder, to save
grovelling around, to find which side has the ticket, and which the rail card.

Paul Benson