[access-uk] Re: Disability Discrimination case sucessful

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:57:15 +0100

Um, it does sound to have been a complicated history of errors and I
don't know what else. was going on here.

In the vi-gen discussions some of us came to the conclusion that health
and safety legislation can be a barrier to employment now, and
especially if employers have twigged the fact the H and S legislation
can over ride the DDA so relive employers of the necessity and burden of
employing disabled people, should they choose to use H and S in this
sort of negative way.  Just speculation, or fact?

In your case though it would appear you did get the job, and some how H
and S and maybe GDBA screwed up .

Very unfortunate outcome, even if you are fifty-odd K better off now.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx