[access-uk] Digital voice recorders/dictaphones: desirable features

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:38:39 +0100

Hi everyone.

I just received one of many emails from the Gadget Store advertising a personal
digital voice recorder.  Nothing very special for the asking price of around
£28.00, but it set me thinking, What features are now appearing in these
machines and the more up-market digital 'dictaphones'  now coming on the market?

What sparked my interest, well, a little, was talk of a telephone attachment
for recording phone calls.  Quite a useful feature at times, but I wonder what
other niceties people have discovered with certain models.

One that would appeal to me is backspacing a few seconds, and even better if
this were adjustable.  Another would be markers that would transfer to an audio
computer file, and the ability to move very quickly between them.  Yet another
feature I would value would be foot switch operation, similar to some of the
more traditional advanced tape-baseed dictaphones.

So, has anyone come across interesting and more than averagely useful digital
notetakers/memos?  I ask this partly because it strikes me that such useful,
and if possible usable, devices could be a very valid part of an Access to Work
budget.  Any thoughts appreciated.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx