[access-uk] Digital switch-over help

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 09:30:07 +0100

Everyone,

I have contacted the BBC switch-over team who sent me a letter this week
because Northern Ireland is turning off its analogue signal in October.

My letter stated that they can provide an accessible recordable digital
source so I thought of the new box that RNIB now have on sale.

The switch-over team can come and install the new box, fully up and running,
with one year after-care, for the sum of £186.  There is a waiting list for
this to be done here, however, so my question, as well as passing on this
information, is: how easy is it to set up this new box on a TV with Freeview
built-in, is HD ready, and has an ordinary Sky DigiBox with the FreeSat card
installed?  We have a digital roof aerial installed already, so are
basically fit to go.  But it seems to me that it shouldn't be that difficult
to install the box ourselves if we go ahead and purchase from RNIB.

Thoughts welcome please, but no negativity if you don't mind William!
(sigh).

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns