[access-uk] Re: Digital Switch Over

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:31:35 +0100

I've just rang this number for advice on free help and equipment for the
digital switch over. I wanted to share this information in case anyone else on
this list lives in Northern Ireland. We don't switch over until 2012 and the
group who provide the free service don't get the list of qualifying individuals
from the Department of Work and Pensions until 8 months before their region is
due to switch over. So anyone living in Northern Ireland can't apply until that
information is released. Depending on the date of the switch over in 2012,
applications can only be made 8 months or less before that date. However, if
you ring now they will put you on their database to be sent an application pack
when the time comes to accept applications.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx