[access-uk] Desktop to Laptop Keyboard

  • From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney@xxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:50:42 +0100

Hi All,

I have never really worked a laptop keyboard layout and am wondering for any tips you might have to give?

I am using Jaws and the laptop is Vostro.

It is a standard laptop keyboard I reckon!

I previously only used the querty keyboard even connected to a laptop but as I now need to move my laptop about a bit I thought that I should now get useed to the laptop keyboard layout!

I note that there isn't an insert/Jaws key as I knew it on the desktop keyboard?

What for example is the Jaws key on a laptop!

Do I need to change the keyboard layout for Jaws and if so how do I do this?

Getting used to the laptop keys will save me a lot of unnecessary carrying around of an additional keyboard in the future!!

Any assist with these queries gratefully appreciated.

Tony