[access-uk] Re: Data Execution Prevention

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 00:29:08 -0000

Hi Caroline,

It may take a little while to identify the add-on that is causing the
problem as you will need to turn them on one by one until the problem
occurs. So, if you are willing to take the time:

1. Open IE normally;
2. Open the 'tools' menu and move down to the 'manage add-ons' and press
enter;
In the dialog box that opens it will default to the 'toolbars and extension'
section, so tab once to the next focus which should say 'currently loaded
add-ons', 'run without permission' and 'downloaded controls'.  Highlight the
'currently loaded add-ons';
4. tab once to the next section which is a list of loaded add-ons and each
of them should say 'enabled'. You will need to turn each off in turn to find
the right one I am afraid. If any are java, then I would tend to leave these
enabled;
5. Tab three times until you get to the 'disable' button and hit enter on
that;
6. Tab three more times to the 'close' button.

The process for turning on the add-on is the same as above, but instead of a
'disable' button in step 6, it will be an 'enable' button. You may have to
do the above for the other 2 sections, i.e. 'run without permission' and
'downloaded controls', but hopefully you will have found the one that is
causing the problem before that.

Apologies for the time it is going to take, especially as you are not overly
familiar with this process, but it is the only way.

John.