[access-uk] Re: DUMPING A PC

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:38:21 -0000

To be frank, Ian, you can't and keep the operating system.  The least you
can do is to get a programme that writes x's over all the data on the disc,
but even these can be hacked by industrious hackers.    I'm told that
information can even be retrieved from a smashed drive.  The only way to
guarantee that your data won't be got is to drill holes in it and pump in
epoxy resin.  You could always just take it out and hide it in the back of
the attic.  By the time it might be found, the information might be
obsolete.

Barry