[access-uk] DM-5 and daisy

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 21:07:06 +0100

Hi everybody, I know there are a number of people with dm-5's on here. Have you encountered problems reading Daisy books, specifically inability to create bookmarks, and the player not resuming a daisy book at the last point reached? I've been in touch with Olympus re these problems, and, according to them a bookmark can be created using the player's f1 key. They also claim that playback of a daisy book will resume at the last bookmark, which, since it isn't possible to put a bookmark in is likewise not possible. I have also taken it up with the RNIB's high tech team. They concur that in its present state the daisy facility is not fit for purpose. They have been evaluating a firmware upgrade, but apparently it hasn't addressed the problems. In case any dm5 owners here encounter the problems I have, or any other problems with the player here is the email address for Olympus Europe.

di.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                   John.