[access-uk] Re: Correction: not White Rose radio but Yorkshire Radio

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 18:18:49 -0000

Hi John.

The Sonus XT is a discontinued and unsupported product now, but in its short lived heyday, the station names were programmed in as sample speech files in order of their appearance in the tuning cycle. Stations have come and gone since the last update, so you can take it as red that with a few possible exceptions, the identification of stations as announced by the Sonus is not to be totally relied upon, in fact it will probably be wrong more often than it is right.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: John Wilson
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 1:57 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Correction: not White Rose radio but Yorkshire Radio

Hello Peter and Pele,

Thanks for this tip. I've now found it. I knew that if a
station was unknown, then it was said to be unknown and a
spurious name (usually with a number associated with it) was
substituted. However, I did not suspect that it would
actually allow a completely different (and therefore
apparently correct) station name to be used instead of
saying "unknown". How they get from Yorkshire Radio to Jaz
FM I do not know!

BFN,
John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Holdstock" <ptrholdstock@xxxxxxxxx>