[access-uk] Re: Copying data from one computer to another.

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:40:44 -0000

Hi,

No the best way is via Ethernet.  You have two machines connected via an
Ethernet cable, most likely going through a switch or router.  You can
then share files and devices, as well as the Internet, through both
machines.

If you have this arrangement already set up you only need go through a
couple of extra steps to get the file sharing enabled.

You could go via USB cable if you want, I have a guide somewhere to do
it, but it is a special cable required, and has limited functionality
after using it for file transfer, and needs additional software
(drivers) to allow the other disk to show up.

Andrew.