[access-uk] Copying address book from OE

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:12:53 +0100

Hello,

I want to back up my address book. I'm using Windows XP Home and Outlook Express 6.

First I thought I'd search for a .wab file but couldn't get the search to find it. So I went and looked and found what I thought was the right file (Catherine Turner.wab) in the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\catherine Turner\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

But when I press enter on the file Catherine Turner.wab the address book comes up but there are no items in it. I seem to remember last time I did this (ages ago on a Windows ME system) the items listed when I ran the .wab file were the same as those in OE. In OE I have 235 entries in the address book (both in the list view next to the e-mail, and in the view that comes up when I choose Address Book from the Tools menu or press ctrl shift b).

Am I doing something wrong? Can I back up the address book as viewed in OE by copying a .wab file?

Catherine
**
Skype: darkitude
MSN: catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx