[access-uk] Re: Cookers - any advice out there?

  • From: "Dave" <groups.dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:29:55 -0000

Gas hobs are never flush, and much easier to control as you can hear the flame, and if it goes out, smell the gas! The temperature changes much more instantly. If you're cooking for one, gas ovens can also be very good, but if you want to do anything at all complicated, a fan assisted electric oven is far better in terms of speed and even cooking.

Many modern cookers have touch buttons and some even force you to use the timer before the oven will switch on. The only thing you can do is bear all that in mind and then go and look in all the kitchen and DIY shops you can. Buying on line is not an option in my view because you need to ask questions and feel/see the controls.

cheers
Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim O'Sullivan" <jimos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>