[access-uk] Connecting a Mic

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:14:37 +0100

Hi all - I'm trying to get to grips with Skype, but so far, can't seem to
get a mic connected.

I'm using the ac97 Realtech sound card, I have the Mic and speakers plugged
in separately; nothing is muted in volume, and all volumes are up high. When
I run the check hardware wizard from within volume, and it gets to the
screen to test the Mic, although I can hear it back in my headphones, the
wizard said it was unable to hear my voice, telling me that I'd be able to
hear others through my speakers or headphones, but they wouldn't be able to
hear me!

What do I need to do? Oh yes! I clicked on my sound card from with in
options on the tools menu of Skype as well.

- Andy