[access-uk] Re: Connecting Sky Plus to a Laptop

  • From: "John Farley" <john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:18:07 +0100

Hi,
From what I could find out there is no way of getting the encrypted data
from the hard disk directly to another hard disk on a PC.

The only way that I could see that it could be done is to replay the desired
recording and to capture the recording from the video out of the Sky+ box
into a suitable connection on a PC. This would entail having some sort of
full video capture software on the PC itself.

If anyone knows of a way of doing it I am more than happy to be found
incorrect on this.

This may not be the case with other PVRs.

Regards, John

Contact on : (Home)
john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        or : (work)