[access-uk] Re: Compiling JAWS Scripts

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 00:25:00 -0500

Hi Donna,
Best I can come up with is that when you recompile a script, you're sort of
hitting the reset button for that script. You'll never need to do it though,
unless Jaws very specifically tells you to do so. And it ... very ... well
... will ... whenever the need arises. Like, say, when you install WinMX
scripts written for Jaws 4.5 and you insert them into the Jaws 7.0 enu
folder and run WinMX with your Jaws 7. Then Jaws will say, ah, these are
scripts for Jaws version 4.5. Please recompile them for Jaws 7.  Sometimes
its not such a simple matter of recompiling though. But that's the idea.

Peter