[access-uk] Re: Cobra

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 15:24:31 +0100

Hi,

A couple of years ago, Pamtrad told me about this and asked me if I wanted a
job supporting it in the UK. Accordingly I tried installing it on my
computer. The result was that Jaws stopped working. I removed it, removed
Jaws as the removal and even restoring hadn't worked, but still Jaws would
not work. Video support had been majorly messed up. The only way even a
computer shop could find of fixing it was to reinstall Windows from scratch.
I have never before or since known an install that wasn't fixed by restoring
the system, but this wasn't. I would be very, very careful!

Cheers
Dave