[access-uk] Re: Choosing/switching mobile phone/providers questions

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:39:31 +0100

Hi Katherine, not sure about your other questions, however why not look into
getting a sim only contract? I'm on one provided by O2, Simplicity, which
can range from £15 a month to about £60 a month. I'm on the £15 a month one,
and I get 200 anyone anytime minutes, 400 anyone anytime texts, and, as an
extra, unlimited O2 to O2 calls. Their GPRS service is great. You can even
access the full internet if you like, and they only charge you up to 85P a
day, to which it's unlimited for the rest of that day. The good thing with
Sim Only contracts is that you not only save money, but you can also keep
your old phone and even your number. You can also cancel any time, and it
will be cancelled 30 days after you notified them. Keeping my old number,
unfortunately, didn't happen with me, so I'm not sure with the process. To
be honest I'm quite happy with my current set up, which is to use my N73,
which has the simplicity sim installed, as my main phone and my N70, which
has an O2 Pay and Go sim installed, as my backup. Anyway I hope that helps,
and good luck in your research.