[access-uk] Re: Chip & PIN machines from sales side

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:07:03 +0100

I saw a similar thread on another list and have given a summary below.  Sorry
in advance if it isn't quite what your looking for, its not something I know
much about personally.  The info should point you in the right direction
although it is American.

The original message:
I have an exhibit-based jewelry business and am looking for a way to process
credit cards. I currently use PayPal but it's expensive. I've seen the
portable card machines used with I-Phones. Has anyone here used such a
system and can you speak to the accessibility of the software piece in real
time?

There were two responses of note.

Response one:
yes Foursquared is accessible for credit card processing.  I also use PayPal
Virtual and I pay $30 a month plus 3.4% for each transaction.

Response two:
Hi,
I believe that with the card swipe device from paypal that the rate is 2.75%
Perhaps the website would have the exact terms though.