[access-uk] Re: Children of Beslan - Response from the BBC

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:20:00 +0100

Well Barry, Carol and others, I've been following this thread but I am sort of
losing the thread too!  What is it that is being demanded to meet our needs,
re. subtitling of programmes?  Are we demanding voice-over always be used?  Or,
maybe, an alternate transmission with voice over for those like us - and others
- who cannot follow the very fast changing subtitles?  Or, again, maybe that
the audio-description channel be used for this purpose?  (Even though not gvery
many yet have access via the Netgem and other devices.

To me it speaks volumes that the deaf community are, or seem to be, far more
readily accomodated than we are.  Makes me think that blindness and its needs
are a real no no for those who, elegedly, have such good aesthetic
sensabilities.  You would have thought the Beeb, public service broadcasting
and all that, would at least make a real effort to do something along the lines
I've mentioned above.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx