[access-uk] Check out this website

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:52:28 +0100

Hi all,
Just thought I'd tell you, if you're an Atomic Kitten fan or a fan of one of their members, there is a website that is fully accessible with screen readers and even takes accessibility quite seriously, more below. The site in question is www.lilmcclarnon.net
Now, onto the accessibility realization: When I signed up to join their forum, the usual word verification was a feature, but it said if you're a visually impaired person, please send and e-mail to the administrator, to which administrator was a link. So I've sent it, and within minutes one of the site managers told me about the problem and hopes to get an audio system in place.
I just want to say how marvellous to see, that some websites, even pop artist-based ones, are taking accessibility really seriously. I guess it's thanks to the DSA laws, grins. I'm going to post a message in their forum and mention this list, as I think the moderators may be interested.
I have one question. One e-mail asks me where this moderator can get audio software that would be suitable for word verification. Is this possible, and if so where could she get it from. The moderator in question is Ollie.
Sorry for the long post, but I thought it was worth a mention as I was so impressed.~
Best wishes, Chris Hallsworth