[access-uk] Re: Central Heating Timer

  • From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 19:57:46 -0000

Guys

To clarify

Economy 7 is an electrical supply which uses off-peak electricity to charge
some sort of storage device.

It is nothing to do with gas pulled heating systems, some of which can be
programmed with the device about which we are talking.
This device isn't relevant to combi boilers as it is used to power-up the
boiler and switch the 3-way valve which is typical of a traditional vented
domestic central heating system.
The default being the primary, which is the supply of heated water to the
heating coil of a hot cylinder, and the secondary which is to the radiator
system.
The three way valves select between primary, primary/secondary, and secondary a
cording to which is below the thermostatically set temperature.
Typically 140F for the hot water, and 68F for the room thermostat.

David