[access-uk] Re: Care First and JAWS.

  • From: "Colin Fowler" <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:14:13 -0000

Hi Andy,

Personally I'd suggest that you and your employer apply for a technical assessment under your Access to Work needs. That way, either Blazey or Sight & Sound will be able to get a precise measure for the software and how well it impacts with your screen reader. There may indeed be some scripts already written for this application, but who is to say that they are up to date or even cover all of the processes that your employer will require you to access.

Just be prepared for a very lengthy, and inflexible system if you go down the ATW assessment process. But then if you're working in local government you'll already be versed in intransience.

Colin F

----- Original Message ----- From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>