[access-uk] Re: Card readers

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:54:06 -0000

Some multi-format readers come with software drivers.  I have a belkin
one here and the drivers have been known to map the reader to drives
spontaneously.  this can be disconcerting if you expect your f drive,
for example to be your personal one.  I've also experienced problems
when it's taken over the network drive.  However, I also have a tiny
plug and play SD card reader which works a treat.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
+44 20 7619 7115