[access-uk] Re: Can't Start System Restore

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:53:58 +0000

Can I advise you all to stay away from CCleaner please? It may do the
job, but it does it too much. For example, I tried it as a registry tool
and not only did it fix the invalid registry entries, it also corrupted
some valid ones. One corruption was the fact that I could no longer view
my desktop. When I tried to refresh it a critical error appeared. I had
to reinstall XP to get it up and running again. Thanks for reading.
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:36:25 -0000, "Darran Ross"
<darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi List.
>
> A little worried about this one.
>
> I'm having problems at the moment after running CCleaner, things like no
> audio from Winamp or Media Player, so I thought a quick system restore
> might
> hit the spot. I go to do this and nothing happens! Absolutely nothing,
> its
> as though I'm not even entering on the option!
>
> I'm floundering here now, and could really do with some excellent advice!
>
> Its Windows XP, Service Pack 2, in case that's relevant.
>
> Regards.
>
> Darran

Christopher Hallsworth
Skype name chrishallsworth7266