[access-uk] Re: Can anyone help?

Hi, firstly, it is still possible to get XP machines, you just need to shop
around. Try local computer shops, Dell, places like that, you might not get
much luck with the big chains.

Secondly, Vista is perfectly accessible with Jaws and has been since version 8
if memory serves, but you would be very well advised to keep your Jaws up to
date at all times. Personally, after years of resistance, I've given in and
will always keep the shark up to date now. New versions seem to be working on
things that are really relevant, and when another screen reader comes up with
an innovation, Jaws seems now to be able to take it on board and come up with a
better implementation that makes it unique. The upcomming version 10 will prove
my point, and I would advise everybody to get it at the earliest opportunity
when it is out.

The objections to Vista are some of the changes it makes. Almost all of these
can be reversed though, it's just a case of looking through your control pannel
and start menu settings to restore clasic settings. I've done it on my parents
machine. They prefer the classic start menu to the Vista one, though the Vista
one is better for many as you can type in the program you want and so be in no
doubt. That really can be very useful sometimes. Vista is much harder to repair
by all accounts than XP so that may be a downfall.

Sorry I can't help on your other query.

Cheers
Dave