[access-uk] Can Someone Please Advise?

  • From: "Mandy" <manumandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:32:06 +0100

Hi All.

In my impatience to purchase a laptop I have talked my long-suffering
husband into purchasing from Ebay the following item for =A3190 with =
=A320
postage.  We have not yet paid as Brian is asking seller a couple of
questions.

Here are the specifics and my question is:  does this mean it is
wireless enabled to use anywhere and, assuming it doesn't have a CD
drive which I didn't realise and which it seems not to have:  can I buy
any small drive to connect to this?  Will it be a very slow laptop
Should Window-Eyes work with this?

?  It is certainly slim and very lightweight which is what I wanted.

Details: =20

Dell D400 Slimline Laptop 1.4GHz Wifi 40 Gb HDD 512MHz
Item
Used
Processor Speed:
1.4 GHz
Processor Type:
Intel Pentium 4-M
Hard Drive Capacity:
40 GB
Memory (RAM):
512 MB
Screen Size:
12.1 inches
Primary Drive:
--
Features:
10/100 LAN Card, USB, WiFi Enabled, Modem
Dell D400 Lightweight Laptop 1.4GHz Centrino CPU
This is an excellent example of Dell's ever popular Latitude D400
lightweight laptop.
Benefiting from its Centrino CPU giving an increased performance over
earlier technologies.
WIFI as standard, massive 40Gb HDD and 512Mb RAM
Dell Latitude D400 features:
Intel Centrino 1.4 GHz Processor
50Gb HDD
512 Mb RAM
12.1" high resolution TFT Screen
56k Modem
1 PCMCIA slot
1USB port
Microphone
Headphone/ Speaker jacks
1 Parallel (Printer) Port
1 Serial Port
Video/ External Monitor
Infrared
Built in mouse touchpad
UK Keyboard
Built in speakers
Battery
PSU and Power cable
Windows XP COA( + Microsoft Office installed)
Anti virus software installed and licensed.
Overall Condition
This laptop is a second user laptop and does have some very light
cosmetic marks,
these in no way affect performance.  It is in full working order with
all Dell drives
and utilities fully loaded.  The battery is in working order.