[access-uk] Re: Cable, Freeview or Freesat

I'm still quite excited about the forthcoming YouView. The content
you'll get for free looks amazing. It's just how good the accessibility
will be.

This week it's been announced that, Sky and The Guardian have signed up
as content partners on top of the major terrestrial channels offering a
7 day video on demand service.

We know there is to be some kind of access through an API whose specs
have been published ... And that you should be able to get access to the
box, download content and record functions using an iPhone app or a PC
or website interface.

But for content alone, watch out for YouView. And just hope your TV or
set-top box doesn't die on you before the first quarter of next year
when I think it'll finally be launched.

...Damon