[access-uk] Re: COUNCIL POLICY TO WAIVE SIGNATURE WHEN VOTING BY POST

  • From: "Emma Wright" <emmajane9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:34:09 +0000

Does it make us more vulnerable?  Yes, but probably no more than
something like having an obvious ramp to your front door or grab rails
outside it.  I hated it when I had those, as I felt very vulnerable
opening the door, and did get people pretending to be meter readers
trying to rob me.  I'm glad I'm getting better now and can walk again
so I don't need all that!  I worry when I'm shopping that if someone
sees me sign rather than use chip and pin they will decide to try to
steal my card as it is easier to fake a signature than work out a pin.
 I also dislike the idea of not proving who I am to vote (not that
I've ever received my postal vote in time for an election anyway),
although how I'd do that without a signature I don't know!