[access-uk] Re: COUNCIL POLICY TO WAIVE SIGNATURE WHEN VOTING BY POST

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:19:38 -0000

Why can't yu use chip and pin?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Emma Wright" <emmajane9@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:41 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: COUNCIL POLICY TO WAIVE SIGNATURE WHEN VOTING BY
POST

I agree with that, I Have to sign my back card so why not a form for
the council? However, I do worry as I know my signature varies a lot
and its never been queried, even though I can't use chip and pin.  I
guess they see the white stick and realise I might have trouble - I
just hope that if my card gets stolen it isn't by someone else who
looks similarly vulnerable!

Emma

On 14/02/07, Carol Pearson <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We've recently completed forms, together with our signatures, as our
> Council
> wished to introduce new regulations regarding postal voting.  They state
> that they wished to know if our signature differed each time and that, if
> so, an exemption from signing may be in order.
>
> After somewhat of an uphill route (with all the running on our part), we
> have established that they have looked at our signatures and decided to
> send
> us Waiver Forms.
>
> I am really just seeking views of others on list as to whether you feel
> it's
> best to have your own signature (which friends are sure cannot be
> reproduced) or to have such a "waiver" so that no signature is required.
>
> I rather feel, after all, that if banks accept our signatures and don't
> make
> a fuss, the Council should do likewise.
>
> Any comments are welcome - on or off list.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Carol
> carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx