[access-uk] Re: CDs in Windows XP help?

  • From: Frank Haslam <frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 09:50:20 +0000

Hi, Shashi!

Have you updated Creator to cope with Windows XP? It probably has a link in one of its menus to take you to an appropriate place on the web.

At 08:02 09/01/05, Shashi Gothivarekar typed furiously:

Hi friends,
     I have a CD RW which I used to have to transfer data between my
Desktop and The laptop  both with Windows98 S E. I have about 4
folders on the CD which I want to erase and put some new ones on. I
have now migrated to Windows XP on both machines.
     My question is how do I achieve the above mentioned objective. I
tried to do it from within Windows Explorer and Easy CD Creater but it
comes back saying 'Access denied' presumably because either the
folders or the files in them have a 'read only' attributes. Could
somebody kindly suggest a way out please. Many thanks in advance.
     Shashi.

Sunny Manchester U. K.
     shashi.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx
or ramdas.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx