[access-uk] Re: CDex help needed.

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:24:31 +0100

Hi Jim -

Some help:

Insert the CD.
Open CDEX.
You can use F4 to make changes in the default settings.
If you skip using F4, or close out of it, CDEX will then use it's Freedb to
identify the disk in the rom drive. If it finds more than one possible listing
on it's database, it will prompt you to select the most likely album title for
your CD. When you have done this, you will then see a list of the track titles,
which you can select in the usual JFW/keyboard  way.
Having selected the tracks you want to rip, hit F9, and the conversion should
begin.

Note:

I think you'll have to have the Lame encoded installed, and selected under that
F4 settings menu I mentioned above, and you might have to instruct the
programme to look on it's Freedb for your inserted CD, but you should only need
to do that the first time, those settings should then get saved.

HTH in some way -

Andy