[access-uk] Buying audio described dvds

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:34:16 +0100

Hi all -

I usually buy my dvds from play.com.

In some cases there is more than one release of the dvd, and it seems hit
and miss as to whether I get the one with AD or not! Play.com never say if
the dvd has AD, and I have bought movies that have not had AD on them, only
to find that there is a release version that does. Is there a way of finding
out the product number or something that identifies it as being the one with
an ad sound track? Where do others buy from in order to be sure of getting
the release that has AD. I use Play because their prices are very
competitive, and they offer free delivery, but am disappointed when for
example, I buy 'the English patient' only to find that there is an AD
version of it that I could have got from somewhere else. Perhaps it would be
useful to contact Play and maybe
Amazon to suggest they include AD info in their description of the disk -

Andy