From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ankers, Dave (UK)
Sent: 31 January 2008 15:14
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Bt total broadband - was ISP providers

Phil,

BT Broadband technical help, ha that's not an 0800 number! and do you like
waiting ages to get through?
plus can you understand our coloured friends in India, working to a script
and searching for answers on their databases ! They go round and round,
keeping you on the line, why because you're paying for it!
and you'll be damn lucky if they actually fix it! Get the gallium ready!
If I had access to the big red button, I'd have blasted them to hell many
times over! it was good bye and good riddance when I switched to SKY.
If I'd had access to cable, I'd have switched to them, just so I could
completely rid myself of any dealings with BT.
To sum up the quality of BT in one word, and this is true of many other
people I know, it's CRAP!
I hope I've made my feelings about BT clear enough.  I still get hot under
the collar when I remember all the hours spent on the phone being past from
one department to another, because none of them knew what they were doing,
or did they?....running up my phone bill!

Dave

Hi me again!

Ok think I'm closing in on my search for a new ISP provider!  I have decided
not to carry on with Tiscali as I've had real trouble with them over the
past few days trying to speak to someone and getting some straight answers
from them, the worst of which being this morning when I waited a good 10
mins to get through and just as I was being put t through got cut off, I
then retried and got through but was told "due to a systems failure I would
have to ring back tomorrow"...I was not happy!

so of the others I have looked at I am still thinking of the new o2 service
or the Bt total broadband top range option...of all the people I've tired to
speak to today Bt were the most helpful and it was an 0800 number!

so here's the question, what's people's experiences of using Bt broadband
and receiving customer support from them, in particular does anyone out
there use the Broadband talk option and if so how good is it and how
accessible is the phone you get?

I know I know there will be no doubt those of you who love Bt and those of
you who will have thrown a fit at the mere mention of them but would be good
to hear your recommendations positive or negative!

thanks as ever,

Phil

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.