[access-uk] Re: Bt total broadband - was ISP providers

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:14:17 -0000

Phil,

BT Broadband technical help, ha that's not an 0800 number! and do you
like waiting ages to get through?
plus can you understand our coloured friends in India, working to a
script and searching for answers on their databases ! They go round and
round, keeping you on the line, why because you're paying for it!
and you'll be damn lucky if they actually fix it! Get the gallium ready!
If I had access to the big red button, I'd have blasted them to hell
many times over! it was good bye and good riddance when I switched to
SKY.
If I'd had access to cable, I'd have switched to them, just so I could
completely rid myself of any dealings with BT.
To sum up the quality of BT in one word, and this is true of many other
people I know, it's CRAP!
I hope I've made my feelings about BT clear enough.  I still get hot
under the collar when I remember all the hours spent on the phone being
past from one department to another, because none of them knew what they
were doing, or did they?....running up my phone bill!

Dave

Hi me again!

Ok think I'm closing in on my search for a new ISP provider!  I have
decided not to carry on with Tiscali as I've had real trouble with them
over the past few days trying to speak to someone and getting some
straight answers from them, the worst of which being this morning when I
waited a good 10 mins to get through and just as I was being put t
through got cut off, I then retried and got through but was told "due to
a systems failure I would have to ring back tomorrow"...I was not happy!

so of the others I have looked at I am still thinking of the new o2
service or the Bt total broadband top range option...of all the people
I've tired to speak to today Bt were the most helpful and it was an 0800
number!

so here's the question, what's people's experiences of using Bt
broadband and receiving customer support from them, in particular does
anyone out there use the Broadband talk option and if so how good is it
and how accessible is the phone you get?

I know I know there will be no doubt those of you who love Bt and those
of you who will have thrown a fit at the mere mention of them but would
be good to hear your recommendations positive or negative!

thanks as ever,

Phil