[access-uk] Bt total broadband - was ISP providers

  • From: "phil stephenson" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:57:46 -0000

Hi me again!

Ok think I'm closing in on my search for a new ISP provider!  I have decided
not to carry on with Tiscali as I've had real trouble with them over the
past few days trying to speak to someone and getting some straight answers
from them, the worst of which being this morning when I waited a good 10
mins to get through and just as I was being put t through got cut off, I
then retried and got through but was told "due to a systems failure I would
have to ring back tomorrow"...I was not happy!

so of the others I have looked at I am still thinking of the new o2 service
or the Bt total broadband top range option...of all the people I've tired to
speak to today Bt were the most helpful and it was an 0800  number!

so here's the question, what's people's experiences of using Bt broadband
and receiving customer support from them, in particular does anyone out
there use the Broadband talk option and if so how good is it and how
accessible is the phone you get?

I know I know there will be no doubt those of you who love Bt and those of
you who will have thrown a fit at the mere mention of them but would be good
to hear your recommendations positive or negative!

thanks as ever,

Phil