[access-uk] Re: Broken TTS in XP

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:10:30 +0200

Hi, Steve,

Reinstalling widnows just to fix a sapi error is a bit extreme in my book. ii used to reformat and reinstall all the time when I had sight still. I know how to do an unintended install but have not done it. I have been running on the same install of windows for the past 2 1/2 years here and I try to keep my system in top shape as much as I can.

tonight I finally fixed that speech applet error message by reinstalling the speech component of Microsoft office xp that I have on my system and all is well. ,g>

I like to tinker around a lot and play with voices and such and every once in a while something breaks. ,g>

thanks for the feedback to you and everyone on here. It's cool to be part of this community.

god Bless,

Doris At 07:20 PM 10/14/2008 +0100, you wrote:
Hi Doris,

If that were me, I would reinstall Windows by now <Smile>.

All the best

Steve