[access-uk] Re: Braille transcription programmesRe: Re: Braille transcription programme

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 17:21:25 +0100

Yes, Wintrans is the front-end program for NFBTRANS. You can read all about Wintrans and download it from this URL:

http://members.toast.net/mlbx/winbt/

Cheers,

Christopher

At 16:46 25/05/2007 +0100, you wrote:
Hi,

Peter Bentley wrote: "I then reverted to Cypher but this does not provide sufficient flexibility in presentation." The presentation options in Cipher are not apparent from the outset, I admit, but they certainly exist: one must place "Dollar Commands" in the text file, surrounded by spaces. As a user of Cipher to produce relatively complex transcriptions, I find it quite
sufficient.  Some examples:
$cs: Centre Text
$rj: Right Justify Text
$cc: Section Separator (row of 12 colons)
$aa: Subsection Separator (row of 12 commas)
$cn: Capitals On
$cf: Capitals Off
$ga: Grade I Braille
$gb: Grade II Braille
$rs: Recet

"Duxbury and WinTrans have been suggested but at £385 and over £800, this is too much. I thought that WinTrans was free; I seem to remember it was a GUI interface to NFB's DOS transcription program NFBTrans. Could
someone clarify this?

Matthew