[access-uk] Re: Braille readers, did you know?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:27:19 +0100

Two things here.

One, grade 2 does save some space, but not as much as you would think.
that's why we had the various drafts of the (Bill) Code NaPoolian,
whihc, if nothing else would have been more economical in space terms,
as well as, maybe, helping programmers.

Second, death-blind people of course are natural benificiaries of
Braille.  That being so, the more quickly we can have books and other
material in e-text form, the more they will benefit too, as well as
the rest of us.

that's not to say though that, when it comes to spoken word access, I
still much prefer a good human reader, but I know the impulse simply
to have more will override that preference of mine  for many.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx