[access-uk] Re: Braille keyboards or option?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:59:15 +0100

Hi Ari,

How about the Galatee keyboard from Caretec, http://www.caretec.at

All the best

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ari
Sent: Thursday 22 May 2008 18:58
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Braille keyboards or option?

Hi all,
If I get the SiRecognizer, because I want to use it as a notetaker, I want
to be able to type in grade 2 braille because I'm much faster at it and
because for me contractions speed braille typing up much more than a pc
keyboard. Do you guys know of anything that could turn your keyboard into a
braille keyboard? I did a search and found the Portset actual hardware g2
braille keyboard, but it's 230 pounds, a bit out of my pricerange. Are there

any other options?
Thanks
Ari

database 3123 (20080522) __________