[access-uk] Re: Braille Sense: where can I find a list of features

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 09:56:11 +0100

Hi Niamh

I understand, it is a huge investment and something of a dilemma for anyone.
I always used to say to customers that they needed to ask themselves what
they actually wanted, a fully fledged Braille note-taker with its own
software and list of applications, or a Netbook/lightweight laptop with
Windows, their own programs, and an external Braille display.  Now, of
course, there is the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad where Braille can be added
for consideration.  It's a very different concept, but one some have
switched to successfully.

For what it is worth, my advice would be to contact the various dealers and
ask for a demonstration of their offerings and see what you think
thereafter.  At least then you will be armed with more knowledge if you
decide to splash the cash.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns