[access-uk] Braille Embosser problems?

  • From: "Christine Weetman" <goatmum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 01:47:23 +0100

Hi I have just recently aquired an 8 year-old Portafiel embosser and Siffer.
My embosser brailles ok but:
Problem:
There are no paragraphs showing in my braille, either indentation or line space
would be fine.

Every so often I find the word par amongst my braill for no reason.

Dots 5 and 6 appear in front of what might be thought as capital letters.
There is No letter sign in my postal code.  I don't see a braille numeral sign
in front of my numbers.

My braille runs out on the right hand side.
Now I seem to be having problems making the embosser work and it just says
"Embossing complete" when I haven't got anything from it.  This is another
attempt to emboss the same piece and the dots are already on screen, should I
cancel it?  If so How?

I have sighted help on hand but Alas we cannot solve these Many problems,
anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I am using jaws 6.0 and xp home.  Siffer is windows 95 could this be a possible
cause?

Am I right in thinking jaws has its own programm I can use instead of Siffer?

Thanks for Any help you can offer,
frustrated,
Christine W.