[access-uk] Booksense

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access UK UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 09:34:25 +0100

Hi
I have been using my booksense now for a few days and in general am enjoying
it. However, I am having one problem which I cannot get to the bottom of. I
have an 8 gb card in the machine which contains in the Daisy component 1 RNIB
talking book and the Daisy Bible spread over the equivalent of 4 discs, 3 for
the Old Testament and 1 for the new. The RNIB talking book always appears first
in the list and will always play. However, though the Bible titles are always
listed, there are occasions when on attempting to play them the announcement
"daisy file cannot be found" is given. The only way I have found to resolve
this situation is by removing and replacing the battery. I note that Brian
Hartgen experienced a similar problem with the Daisy TV listings in his
Infotech review. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, I hope the
manufacturers will resolve this as soon as possible as I think this is pretty
serious.

Iain