[access-uk] Bookmarks was: RE: Hyperlinks

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:07:08 -0400

Creating a bookmark within MS Word 2000?

Go into your MS Word document to the place where you'd like to place a
bookmark. Pull down insert, alt I, then hit K to bring up a bookmarks edit
field. This is where you will be asked to give your bookmark a name. I
usually use an identifier that relates to the paragraph I want to bookmark.
For instance if you want to place a bookmark on a piece of writing wherein
describes a sailing boat, then you might call your bookmark. Boat. Note
Bookmark names must begin with a letter and can contain numbers. You can't
include spaces in a bookmark name. However, you can use the underscore
character to separate words - for example, "First_heading."
Once typed, tab to Add and hit enter. You can have lots of bookmarks on one
document. To go to a bookmark, hit alt I to bring down the insert menu and
hit K again. This will bring down your list of bookmarks. Use your arrow
keys to move up and down through your list of bookmarks, select one and hit
enter or tab to the Go To button and hit enter there. Same thing.. Now, for
some reason MS won't close the bookmarks window, so just hit escape after
you've hit enter on your bookmark. You should now find yourself on that
bookmark placement. To make sure of this within Jaws, just hit insert numpad
5.

Peter

** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject:-
** unsubscribe
** to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body
** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
** or digest mode, send a message, to
** faq
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body.