[access-uk] Re: Blind or Severely sight impaired?

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:15:54 +0100

Hi Deon

I've come across this before with it's companion "Sight impaired" for the
partially sighted. It's to me laughable as it's the epitome of political
correctness. It's the latest attempt by the woolly minded to say something
without saying it in case it gives offence. I
find it far more offensive that the subject is skirted round rather than
faced. I'm blind. I'm deaf. I make no bones about it and accept those
labels. Severely sight impaired is meaningless as it gives no indication of
degree of loss. Blind says it and we all know what it means.

Roger

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.