[access-uk] Re: Blind Pages - making the web even more accessible ?

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:52:58 +0100

Hi Damon,

It's not for end users. The idea is that a company pays blindpages to
automatically convert their pages to be more accessible, and serve them.

From the site:

BlindPages makes a site accessible - without any modifications to the
original site at all. How it works:

   1. The user requests a page from blindpages.com.
   2. The blindpages.com server reads the inaccessible page from the
   original site.
   3. The blindpages.com server looks up conversion instructions specific to
   that page written in the BlindPages DSL by a trained programmer.
   4. Following the instructions, blindpages.com converts the page to an
   accessible version and delivers this to the user.