[access-uk] Re: Blackboard with Jaws

  • From: Yusuf <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:22:11 +0000

Cheers Mike, is it ok for me to forward your reply to the person from Uni?
Yusuf

On 26/01/2012 11:57, Mike Moore wrote:
Yusuf,

I use JFW and Blackboard regularly, both as part of my staff role at the
college and as a student at university.

Accessibility is alright, there is a lot on the screen, but some items can
be collapsed, so this makes it less cluttered.  Use of the H key for
headings jumps you down through the different sections.  Downloading is
better than the old alternative "Web CT" platform, downloading can be
through linking Jaws cursor to PC cursor and a right mouse click to start
the process of downloading.

A good function is the Alt and left arrow to go back, Web CT did not allow
this command, so it was a pain when looking for lecture notes etc.

All in all, not perfect, but it is as manageable as websites in general.

Regards,

Mike