[access-uk] Re: Basic D Embossing Emails/Web Pages

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:12:32 +0100

Hi Tony,

I'll try to simplify.

First, is your embosser set up as a Windows Printer in any way.  That
is, does it appear in the list of Printers and Faxes on your system?

If not, can you tell me how it is physically connected to your system.
Is it via a thick parallel cable, or perhaps USB?

Once we know that, I can take it a stage further.

When I referred to "computer braille", what I mean is that if you
print direct to a braille embosser, you will usually have no braille
translation happening, and so for example, numbers will not be
preceded by a number sign, and will appear as lower numbers.  So if
you send the number 1 to the embosser, instead of getting number sign
a, you will simply get dot 2.

George.