[access-uk] Re: Barclay's connect card PIN advice

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:13:51 +0100

Marie,

Only one I've dealt with this recently was the Ulster bank here in Northern
Ireland.

After a bit of spouting DDA to them and the fact that they could offer me it
in large print, ordinary print an Braille non of which formats i can
personally read an agent was authorised to get it and phone me with the
number.  With the understanding that I would go and change the default pin
ASAP.

I did ask for it to be emailed and was told that wasn't' secure.  I pointed
out the fact I was requesting it, the email was in my name on my domain, and
I could answer all security clearance questions on the phone is all they
have on most other customers for legitimacy.  I also mentioned that paper
mail can be intercepted allot easier than electronic mail, even though it is
not encrypted most of the time.

you could try what worked for me.  I think this whole thing of signatures
and scratch codes is a sham in 2009.  Anyone can forge my chicken scratch of
a signature, my sig changes every time, but companys and government bodys
still incist on paper forms.

So much for the carbon foot prints, eh?

Barry.

  _____