[access-uk] Re: Backup software

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 00:09:12 +0100

Hello,

sorry for the late response, but I have been very busy.

So the first option, let's call it simple back up, does it automatically sinc any changes? IE, if I modify a document will it automatically upload that new version just of that document? You say that reading the upload progress is hard. How about coppying files to the client and also figuring out what exactly is being backed up, IE. is it a windows explorer type interface? Also if one wants to find out what files are on the server or even to restore them, how easy/accessible is it to do this through the client?

I am not an iPhone user. I use android, though since based on your comments I believe you are an iPhone user, therefore I doubt that you would know if they have an android app and how accessible it is? Though it would be nice if they did have an accessible android app, it is not my main concern, but would be nice extra bonus.

Thanks for your help so far and I am very much considering this option.

-----Original Message----- From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:11 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Backup software

Hi Vanja.

Of course, I'd be delighted to answer your questions and I very much welcome
your interest.

OK, firstly, Livedrive Backup simply backs up selected files, folders and
even entire hard drives to the cloud.  You have unlimited storage per backup
and there is a restore client which you can use to recover files you lost,
IE if you need to change computers etc.  You can also access your backup
files from your IPhone using the Livedrive app, as well as the web portal at
www.livedrive.com should you need to access a file while on the go.
Livedrive Briefcase includes backup, but itself is a self contained storage
facility that works like a pen drive.  Depending on which plan you choose,
you will get either 2 or 5 TB with the option to upgrade your storage at any
time through the Livedrive account management interface.  Briefcase comes
with all the features you'd expect and more, including the ability to share
files and folders, designate which files and folders are stored on your
computer and which are stored cloud side only and many others.  The software
is reasonably accessible, however certain elements such as the detailed
status and backup progress screens are an absolute nightmare with Jaws,
however with Jaws 13, using the OCR feature has yielded at least partial
accessibility.  I've spoken to Livedrive developers about this several
times, and it may be that in a future release of the client software that
these particulates will be improved.

I hope this answers your questions, if you do decide to sign up to
Livedrive, I'd ask that you click on the link I sent in my email as this
acknowledges that I have referred you.  You don't have to make any initial
payment, nor add any credit card details until or unless you've satisfied
yourself that the service meets your needs, so feel free to sign up for a
trial and give it a go.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Vanja Sudar
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:01 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ibrahim.

I understand that orriginal poster is interested in backing up on another
drive, but as it happens, I'm very interested in backing up to the cloud
since my curront solution or rather one I was using so far does not have
unlimited storrige and their prices have gone up. Can you tell me how did
you find this live drive when it comes the way it works with screenreaders?
What is the process of uploading files like? I understand that if you choose
the breefcase option, the drive appears in the explorer just as another
drive, but if you choose just "backup" option I assume you use another
version of their software, so, again, how did you find this if you've used
it? Thanks.

-----Original Message----- From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:52 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ali.

If you're looking for something that backs up to the cloud, you could try
Livedrive backup which monitors selected folders and backs up any changes to
said folders.  You get unlimited cloud storage and should disaster strike, a
client restore tool is available for download which can restore any files or
folders backed up to Livedrive cloud storage.  For a no obligation free
trial, go to:
http://www.livedrive.com/?tid=Q4YPKKCG

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Ali
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:27 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Backup software

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend me a good backup software that would run at the
background watching any changes to replicated on the backed up data?